Sweet peas, grassy asparagus, meaty artichokes and the first delicate strawberries — these are the flavors that let us know the cold is receding and summer days will soon be here. In the meantime, you can enjoy these fresh and tasty meals that highlight the best of what the season has to offer.
1. Strawberry-avocado salad with poppy seed dressing recipe
Plump, sweet strawberries are finally back in season after a long winter. Enjoy them here alongside tender baby greens and creamy avocado.
2. Spring veggie bowl with jade pearl rice, kohlrabi and coconut tahini sauce recipe
Image: Keepin’ It Kind
This gorgeous dish makes good use of early spring veggies like kohlrabi and purple broccoli while looking just as pretty as the first blooming flowers of the season.
3. Creamy sweet potato and asparagus lasagna recipe
Springtime can still be chilly, but this meatless lasagna, featuring asparagus and sweet potato, will warm you right up.
4. Fresh fava bean and almond spread recipe
Image: Love Food Eat
Fresh fava beans take a little extra work to prepare compared to their canned counterparts, but their fresh taste and creamy texture make the effort well worth your time.
5. Sun-dried tomato and feta-stuffed artichokes recipe
Artichokes are finally coming into season, and there’s no better way to enjoy them than stuffed with savory sun-dried tomatoes, feta, garlic and parsley.
6. Fresh pea and Greek yogurt frittata recipe
Sweet spring peas and farm-fresh eggs combine to make a frittata that feels light but utterly satisfying.
7. Springtime crostini, 3 ways
These colorful crostini are the perfect way to showcase springtime stars like asparagus and strawberries.
8. Strawberry-lemonade scones recipe
Bright and sweet, these strawberry-lemonade scones welcome spring with a smile.
9. Crispy cauliflower and radishes with fresh dill and crushed mustard seeds recipe
Image: With Food and Love
Radishes are at their peak in spring, and if you’ve only enjoyed them raw, then this dish will be eye-opening. Radishes become sweet and tender in the oven, and a sprinkle of fresh dill makes everything taste extra fresh.
10. Grilled potato salad with scallion vinaigrette recipe
Image: Kitchen Daily
Swap out the fingerlings for in-season, tender new potatoes and fresh scallions for a potato salad you won’t believe.
11. Cardoon risotto recipe
Image: Honest Food
Cardoon, an ancient relative of artichokes that tastes like a combination of artichoke hearts and celery, is best eaten in spring. Cardoons are gaining popularity in the U.S., and this creamy risotto makes it easy to see why.
12. Lemony cucumber cream cheese sandwich recipe
Image: Chew Out Loud
These delicate spring sandwiches, featuring cream cheese, lemon, cucumber and herbs, are the perfect teatime treat.
13. Green goddess pasta with asparagus and peas recipe
Image: Healthy Delicious
Loaded with grassy asparagus and sweet peas, this springtime dish will shake off your winter blues.
14. Spinach and spring herb torta in potato crust recipe
Image: Sweet Daily Blog
If you’ve never tried a potato crust, you’ll be pleasantly surprised by this spinach and herb torta.
15. Fresh pea and ricotta tartines with spring vegetables recipe
Image: Fork Knife Swoon
These tartines really highlight the beautiful freshness of spring vegetables, accented by mild, creamy ricotta.
16. Strawberry rhubarb bourbon cobbler with ginger-oat scones recipe
Image: The Bojon Gourmet
Strawberry and rhubarb is the most spring-y of dessert flavor combinations, and this sweet-tart cobbler makes the most of both.
17. Spring asparagus salad with couscous recipe
Image: Feasting at Home
Thanks to all the veggies, this dish feels light, but couscous makes it hearty enough to keep you feeling full.
18. Pan-fried morel mushrooms recipe
Image: Nutmeg Nanny
Morels are a springtime delicacy that should be savored. With this simple preparation, they’re really allowed to shine.
19. Gluten-free fiddlehead ferns, nettle and ricotta gnudi recipe
Image: Cannelle et Vanille
Fiddleheads are a rare treat, but you can sometimes find them at the farmers market, local roadside stands or even in your own backyard. Enjoy them here with another spring delicacy — nettles — and a delicious gluten-free gnudi.
20. Asparagus, morel and ramp quiche with a brown rice crust recipe
Image: Closet Cooking
This quiche, perfect for breakfast or brunch, highlights some of spring’s best: asparagus, morels and ramps.
21. Morel mushroom and asparagus tart recipe
Image: Miss in the Kitchen
Earthy morel mushrooms and grassy asparagus make this tart a seasonal standout.
22. Fiddlehead and tomato salad with pecorino recipe
Image: A Thought for Food
Fiddleheads (which taste like a mix of green beans, artichokes and asparagus) make a lovely pair with acidic tomatoes and nutty pecorino in this salad.
23. Baked eggs and asparagus with Parmesan recipe
Image: Kalyn’s Kitchen
Creamy, farm-fresh eggs and snappy asparagus make a perfect pair in this delicious springtime breakfast, which happens to be low-carb and gluten-free.