I often find myself wondering what’s in everyone’s bag of tricks when it comes to Mommy must have products. There are thousands of products to choose from and knowing where to start can be overwhelming. I’m going to break this down in an unconventional way and start with something for Mom.
Top 5 Must Haves
1. A diaper bag that looks like a sophisticated purse! I chose the Kate bag by MZ Wallace because it has 6 exterior and 10 interior pockets, need I say more? Its water and stain resistant and comes with a detachable cross body strap. This bag is not only amazing for baby but does double duty as a chic gym or overnight bag. This splurge is well worth it, you can thank me later.
2. A swaddle blanket that’s easy to use. As a sleep expert this is near and dear to my heart for several reasons. Fostering healthy sleep in infants is extremely important for your baby’s development because a sleeping brain is a working brain. Swaddling can be tricky, set yourself up for success by choosing an easy to use swaddle blanket. A snug fit is important for your baby to feel secure and the Halo SleepSack Swaddle is the #1 choice by the certified sleep experts at Dream Baby Sleep™. Always place baby down on their backs to sleep.
3. The miraculous teething toy that every baby loves. Sophie the giraffe is a must for reasons I can’t quite explain. Moms love it because of the natural rubber and food paint with no junk what so ever. Sophie easily stimulates your babies 5 senses and provides a squeak of delight with every chomp. You’ll want Sophie everywhere you go from the age of 3 months and older.
4. Disposable changing table pad liners = life saver. Nobody tells you when you change your baby 10 times per day they have a diaper blow out 50% of the time. You don’t want to be washing the changing pad cover every time. This was a lifesaver for me, they’re a great laundry time saver at home and create a clean barrier on the go. Disposable changing pad liners are quick and easy to use.
5. PostBump Bag for Mom. Once baby arrives taking care of our self tends to fall to the wayside. I love this PostBump Bag full of goodies for Mom from The Stork Bag. It’s easily customizable based on delivery method (natural or c-section) and your primary feeding method (bottle or breastfeeding). Each PostBump Bag™ has items ranging from the latest beauty must haves to top rated (by moms of course) postnatal recovery products.
What are your mommy must-haves? Let us know in the comments below!
Brought to you by Guest Blogger Carolynne J. Harvey, Certified Infant & Toddler Sleep Expert of Dream Baby Sleep!